“Giving back to people has given me and my children a new beginning.”
“Volunteering has shown me that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.”
“As a volunteer, I can reach out and share the love of God with others.”
“Volunteering gives me purpose and is an uplifting experience.”
A great way to support us is by volunteering. There are many volunteer opportunities at The Salvation Army Vancouver Community & Family Ministries. Let us know if you are interested in assisting with daily or seasonal programs; completing janitorial, warehouse or administration duties; or applying your talents in another creative way!
Benefits of Volunteering
- Experiencing the joy of sharing your gifts, talents, and skills;
- Opportunities arise to learn new skills and refine existing ones;
- Helping others is therapy for the soul;
- Adds useful and practical experience to your resume;
- You may develop new friendships.
Visit our new volunteer database: Volunteer Hub to see current Volunteer opportunities
Please note that volunteer opportunities occur during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30AM-4:00PM) unless otherwise stated:
- Students and/or alumni with experience in web & graphic design, and/or digital marketing
- Photographers needed for special events
- Kettle hosts/bell ringers needed for Christmas Kettle Campaign (November – December: weekdays, evenings, and weekends)
- During November and December, gather family, friends, business colleagues, etc. or come alone for a few hours or a day of packing toys for children, or help us to unload and sort Toy Mountain! Volunteers are also needed to assist in the process of registering families for Christmas Assistance.
- Small groups or individuals needed to pack food hampers, sort donations, cleaning, etc.
- Individuals needed to assist with various tasks at Children’s Easter Event (Saturday)
- Small groups or individuals needed to assist with various tasks at Community Drop-In Breakfast: Mondays & Fridays @ 7:30AM-10:30AM
- Experienced Cooks needed for Breakfast Program: Mondays @ 7:30-10:30AM (FoodSafe training is required)
- Experienced Cooks needed for Breakfast Program: Fridays @ 7:30-10:30AM (FoodSafe training is required)
- Experienced Gardeners needed to instruct Community Garden workshops
- Child Care needed for Community Kitchen (Criminal Record Check is required)
- Small groups or individuals needed to assist with Clothing Bank: Thursdays @ 10:30-3:00PM
- Groups or individuals needed to pack school supplies during the annual Back-To-School Supplies Campaign (Summer)
Click here to host a Christmas Kettle, otherwise continue reading. Begin the volunteer application process by completing the SAVCFS Volunteer Application Form. Upon completion, you may submit your application: by postal mail or in person to the Program/Volunteer Coordinator at The Salvation Army Vancouver Community & Family Services, 3213 Fraser Street, Vancouver, BC, V5V 4B8; by fax to 604-872-7678; or by email to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Click here to host a Christmas Kettle, otherwise continue reading. For information regarding corporate or group volunteer opportunities, please contact the Program/Volunteer Coordinator at 604-872-7676 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register your group for a volunteer experience, begin by completing and submitting the SAVCFS Group Volunteer Application Package. Upon completion, you may submit your group application: by postal mail or in person to the Program/Volunteer Coordinator at The Salvation Army Vancouver Community & Family Services, 3213 Fraser Street, Vancouver, BC, V5V 4B8; by fax to 604-872-7678; or by email to email@example.com. You will be contacted upon review. We thank you for your interest in volunteering at The Salvation Army Vancouver Community & Family Services!