The Salvation Army Vancouver Community & Family Services is currently seeking individuals to volunteer as Cooks during ‘Growing Your Own Food Bank’ Gardening Club on Wednesdays @ 10:00AM-12:00PM and Women In Touch on Thursdays @ 10:00AM-12:00PM. FoodSafe certification is an asset.
Volunteer Cooks will be responsible for:
▪ Provide quality and timely prepared foods
▪ Follow sanitation guidelines
▪ Adhere to safety procedures
▪ Prepare and cook food items
▪ Track food quality
▪ Handle special meal requests and dietary restrictions
▪ Communicate effectively with staff, volunteers, and guests
▪ Perform additional tasks requested by your supervisor
▪ Perform cleanup procedures
▪ Opportunities arise to learn new skills and refine existing ones
▪ Helping others is therapy for the soul
▪ Adds useful and practical experience to your resume
▪ You may develop new friendships
Begin the volunteer process by completing the SAVCFS Volunteer Application Form. Upon completion, you may submit by postal mail or in person to the Volunteer Coordinator at The Salvation Army Vancouver Community & Family Services, 3213 Fraser Street, Vancouver, BC, V5V 4B8; by fax to 604-872-7678; or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you soon!