We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
** Vancouver Multiple Locations**
To ensure daily setup and collection of Kettles in designated zone along with site supervision.
• Provide safe, secure and timely transfer of Kettles, supplies and money to and from assigned locations
• Communicate with and provide supervision, instruction and guidance to Kettle hosts; report any and all incidents, recommendations, concerns, and trends to Kettle Coordinator
• Liaise with retail/security personnel regarding Kettle exchange, storage, shift changes, personnel changes, host breaks, host belongings, etc.
• Aid hosts in the retrieval and/or set up designated Christmas Kettle from storage locations
• Troubleshoot and debrief with Kettle Coordinator at the beginning and throughout duration of each shift
• Manage inventory and replenish Kettle supplies when low; provide maintenance to Kettles and supplies
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Be punctual, reliable and community minded
• Positively portrays The Salvation Army and reflect its mission and core values
• Possesses good customer service skills – be friendly, courteous, positive, outgoing, flexible, task oriented, and patient
• Be able to work independently
• Ability to focus on job and refrain from distractions, i.e. mobile phone use when driving
• Possesses good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to lift and move objects up to 25 lbs.
• Follows the dress code and be well groomed
• Possesses and wear proper outdoor attire in inclement weather
• Ability to calculate basic mathematical equations and problem-solve
• Possesses and access to mobile phone and email
• Possesses a valid BC Driver’s License and access to the use of a vehicle
• Ability to attend orientation session and agrees to Standards of Conduct
• Previous fundraising experience, supervision, delivery, and volunteer experience an asset
• Agrees to undergo a Criminal Records Check
• Minimum high school education or equivalency an asset
HOURS: Max. 35 hours per week; split shift and flexible hours may be required
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Temporary part time; 6-week commitment ( Monday – Saturday, No Sundays)
• Duration: November 12, 2015 to December 24, 2015
Interested applicants must respond in writing by October 23, 2015 Friday to:
The Salvation Army Vancouver Community & Family Services
3213 Fraser Street, Vancouver, BC, V5V 4B8
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.