We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
** Vancouver Multiple Locations**
To collect donations from holiday shoppers by spreading Christmas cheer and promoting The
• Arrive at assigned location on time, retrieve and set up designated Christmas Kettle from storage location; remain with Christmas Kettle until shift change or Kettle is picked up by personnel
• Stand near Christmas Kettle for the entire duration of shift; greet, smile and collect donations from passers-by; thank donors
• Ensure Christmas Kettle is attended or stored away during restroom and meal breaks per instruction given; to ensure security of Christmas Kettle and monetary donations
• Follow instructions of Supervisor and Coordinator; report any problems or concerns to Supervisor or Coordinator
• Distribute swag, i.e. blessing cards, etc.
• Promote Salvation Army programs & services, volunteering, when opportunities arise
• Respond to donor questions or make appropriate referral
• Collect donor’s information when a request is made for a charitable tax receipt
• Manage inventory and request supplies when necessary
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Be punctual, reliable and community minded
• Positively portrays The Salvation Army and reflect its mission and core values
• Possesses good customer service skills – be friendly, courteous, positive, outgoing, flexible, task oriented, patient
• Be able to work independently
• Ability to focus on job and refrain from distractions, i.e. mobile phone use, texting, etc.
• Possesses good oral communication skills
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time and ability to lift and move objects up to 25 lbs
• Willingness to work indoors at high traffic retail locations and outdoors in inclement weather
• Follows the dress code and be well groomed
• Possesses and wear proper outdoor attire in inclement weather
• Possesses and can ensure access to mobile phone, email, transportation.
• Ability to attend orientation session and agrees of Standard of Conduct
• Previous fundraising experience, customer service, and volunteer experience an asset
• Agrees to undergo a Criminal Records Check
• Minimum high school education or equivalency an asset
HOURS: Max. 35 hours per week; Varies within 10 AM to 7 PM
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Temporary part time; 6-week commitment ( Monday – Saturday, No Sundays)
• Duration: November 12, 2015 to December 24, 2015
Interested applicants must respond in writing by October 23, 2015 Friday to:
The Salvation Army Vancouver Community & Family Services
3213 Fraser Street, Vancouver, BC, V5V 4B8
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.